Linking Samsung Smartthings with Ring Account

When I try to link Samsung Smarthings app to Ring Devices I get the following error when trying to create the link"INSTALLATION ERROR!

Your Ring account does not report any supported devices installed. Check your Ring account.

Tap ‘Done’ to exit installation."

Hi @KarlMCarey. We’re always striving to bring you the best customer experience. While API integrations like IFTTT and SmartThings have limited functionality with Ring, we do not officially support these integrations. Please reach out to SmartThings directly for any troubleshooting assistance.

To learn more about how SmartThings works with Ring devices, please check out their website here, I hope you find this information helpful.

I’m also having issues with the Ring integration with Samsung Smartthings. I understand from your post above that you don’t support, but the Samsung page points directly to Ring Support to troubleshooting issues… So who is responsible for making sure it works? :slight_smile:

My specific issue is that the SmartThings on Samsung recognizes Ring, adds all the cameras to the app, and even notifies if there is motion detected - but none of the live video streaming on the TV is working. I’m curious if beyond the compatibility mentioned for doorbells if other cameras (eg. Spotlight) are expected to work?

Thanks for the update on this, @Northcutt! It sounds like you are doing everything correctly here. As long as the Ring app works fine and you are able to get live view via the Ring app, this is a great sign that your Ring devices, mobile device, and Ring app are working normally.

If it seems like the video quality or loading concern is only during the Samsung integration, the best next step is to check wifi signal strength to the Samsung device in question. Please also ensure it is connected to your 2.4 Ghz wifi, rather than the 5 Ghz. As you mentioned it being a Samsung TV, we’ve seen neighbors previously share success in updating their TV or ensuring other TV based apps or features are not interfering with your video stream. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: