I’ve freshly setup a ring light system with bridge and 2 spotlights and 4 path lights. I purchased this as a package a few years ago as a discounted pre-order when Ring lights came out (loved the concept), but never found time to build up until recently.
The thing is that I cannot reliable turn on or off lights in a group. In 9 out of 10 cases, when I select turn on or off the group then, after a few second, it will report the error message “<Group Name> failed to turn on” (or off).
Here is some more context for this problem:
- I can perfectly turn on/off all individual lights. (None of them fails.)
- Device health reports good connections both to bridge and from bridge.
- Firmware of devices has been updated on unpacking.
- I updated my Ring app *after* the lightening was setup in an attempt to see if a newer version of it will resolve the problem. It did not.
- I setup the devices inside of the house on a different mesh point but same SSID than their final deployment.
Any hints? This renders my usage of this product useless. I already ordered additional devices as it appeared to work well on initial setup, which I may need to return if I cannot resolve this.
Thank you, Wolfgang