Light group reports "failed to turn on/off"

I’ve freshly setup a ring light system with bridge and 2 spotlights and 4 path lights. I purchased this as a package a few years ago as a discounted pre-order when Ring lights came out (loved the concept), but never found time to build up until recently.

The thing is that I cannot reliable turn on or off lights in a group. In 9 out of 10 cases, when I select turn on or off the group then, after a few second, it will report the error message “<Group Name> failed to turn on” (or off).

Here is some more context for this problem:

• I can perfectly turn on/off all individual lights. (None of them fails.)
  • Device health reports good connections both to bridge and from bridge.
  • Firmware of devices has been updated on unpacking.
  • I updated my Ring app *after* the lightening was setup in an attempt to see if a newer version of it will resolve the problem. It did not.
  • I setup the devices inside of the house on a different mesh point but same SSID than their final deployment.

Any hints? This renders my usage of this product useless. I already ordered additional devices as it appeared to work well on initial setup, which I may need to return if I cannot resolve this.

Thank you, Wolfgang

Hey @wgrieskamp. Thank you so much for taking the time to detail out your concern here and explain all the possible factors that could be weighing in on your getting this error message. It seems you’ve covered a lot of what needs to be looked at when getting an error message like this, so the next time you are running into this or if you can reproduce it now, I recommend reaching out to our support team. They can take a deeper look into this to ensure there are no connection issues and everything is operational as it should be again.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes, as. your answer may help another neighbor that could run into this in the future! :slight_smile: