Level Smart Lock Shows Offline

After speaking with Ring support and confirming that my Video Doorbell Pro was compatible with the Level Bolt, I went ahead and ordered it and installed it yesterday. The Bolt works wonderfully within bluetooth range from the Level App, and I was able to go through the process in the Level App and the Ring app to link my accounts and add the lock to the Ring app. However, the smart lock shows as “offline” and is inoperable through the Ring app. Sidewalk is enabled within the Ring app/Level App/Alexa app. Both Ring support and Level support have been unable to help me after being passed back and forth, so I’m wondering if anyone here has any suggestions before I uninstall the Bolt and send it back to Ring. The smart lock is useless to me if I can’t use it remotely through the Ring app.

1 Like

Hi @mjdev. It’s very interesting that your Level Lock is functional, but still showing offline. What type of phone are you using and what version of the Ring app is installed? Does the Level Lock show offline when you login to Ring.com? If possible, share a screenshot of what you are seeing in the Ring app. This might help the Community identify what is causing this. I can also share this with my team. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue, it is not offline all the time, but very, very often. I am presuming this is due to Amazon sidewalk, as this is pretty new for Amazon and I am sure there are bugs. I do not know if it is the reason, but I suspect it is, because couple of times when I signed out and signed back in it showed online again

1 Like

I’m experience this issue as well with Level lock and Ring integration and ring support has not been helpful. The lock shows offline despite ensuring that everything has been setup properly. I even received confirmation from Levels backend support to ensure that the Level Lock is functioning properly.

Is there a fix available for this, Ring?

1 Like

Apologies for the delayed response here. I have been working with Ring support for a few days and they seem to have finally got it figured out. They apparently pushed a firmware update out to my Video Doorbell Pro, and now the Level Lock shows correctly within my Ring app and I can control it remotely.

However, I am unable to share access to the Level Lock with my wife who has access to all of our Ring devices through her app. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? She has successfully added the Level Lock on the Level app and can control it when she is within bluetooth range, but should would also like the ability to control it remotely through the Ring app/Sidewalk.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue where I confirm that the lock shows correct status on Sidewalk, but will not lock/unlock. It works perfect with Apple Home or Level App.

Hi neighbors! I’d recommend making sure your Level Lock has the most up to date firmware. You can follow the steps in this Help Center Article here to have your devices updated. If these concerns persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look for you. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the information. I will try to figure it out for more. Keep sharing such informative post keep suggesting such post.

I am having the same two issues. It’s offline multiple
Times a day and also my Husband can’t connect the locks to his ring app either. Anyone have any leads?

I am having the same issue, my wife can see the locks in the Level app but there is nothing in the ring app

@Caitlyn_Ring, @Tom_Ring
So i just purchased 2 level bolts and i also have 2 doorbell pro2’s. I have been having intermittent offline issues since installed 2 days ago. I have spent hours on the phone numerous times with support and they keep blaming level lock or amazon. I have also spoke to level lock twice and they assured me the issue is with ring. I have swapped both locks and still the same issue. Not sure if its a serial number issue but phone support was useless and told me the serial numbers dont matter. I was concerned because i got the pro2’s when they came out. They do show up and connect but go offline and online all day long and not even together. Sometimes one will be online and the other off and vice versa. Its driving me nuts. Ive tried unlinking everything and relinking to deregistering all my echo devices and registering them again.

Hi @user32785. It sounds like you’ve covered all of the basic troubleshooting that I could offer here in the Ring Community. I suggest following up with our support team and requesting to speak with our level 2 support, since you’ve already called about this concern. Additionally, you can private message our team on Facebook if you prefer. Thanks, neighbor.

@Tom_Ring @Caitlyn_Ring
Ill send a private message cause phone support has gone nowhere but circles. I asked to speak with level 2 yesterday and got the run around.

@Caitlyn_Ring @Tom_Ring
So support in facebook messenger was a joke as well. They had me do everythingbi did already and after thatv4 hours going back and forth theyvare blaming the level locks and telling me i have to call them. I have done that and the guys their explained how things work. Basically the level lock only uses a bluetooth connection and it also uses that bluetooth connection to connect to the ring doorbells. If when its going offline and still keeping a rock solid bluetooth connetion to my phone as ling as im near it then the device is not dropping its connection and its an issue with the doorbells not staying connected.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Level lock support told me the Bluetooth connection worked well since I can use the level lock app to lock and unlock if I am close to it. However the ring support can not prove the Bluetooth connection worked at their end. They said the tech support team will email me, so I am still waiting.

Mine went offline as soon as the Level Bolt finished a firmware update last week. I’ve done all of the troubleshooting I have found online except for resetting it and it still only works with Bluetooth

1 Like

Ok so as a last resort I reset the Bolt. It’s now back online and accessible with the Ring app. Hopefully it doesn’t do a firmware update anytime soon.

2 Likes

My level bolt started showing offline since yesterday. I tried resetting and connecting it back. It worked initially and then back to offline. I ll check to see if there is a firmware upgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.