Kwikset 910 keypad issue

I just added a Kwikset 910 to the Ring alarm. Now the preset codes and lock button are not working. Is there a way to get these working without having to remove the lock? Maybe reenter the codes manually?

Hey @davidp. Once integrated with the Ring Alarm, the codes you use for the Keypad for your Ring Alarm system will be the same codes that you use on the Keypad on the lock itself. If you are using a different code, as it may be another code you already had pre-set, this will be why. You will need to add another User onto your system to add additional codes. You can learn more about how to do that in our Help Center Article here.

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @davidp. Once integrated with the Ring Alarm, the codes you use for the Keypad for your Ring Alarm system will be the same codes that you use on the Keypad on the lock itself. If you are using a different code, as it may be another code you already had pre-set, this will be why. You will need to add another User onto your system to add additional codes. You can learn more about how to do that in our Help Center Article here.

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping I could at least use the lock button to set the deadbolt. It is also ignoring the 30-second locking of the deadbolt. Is there a way to get that autolock function back?

Lastly, I’d like the ability to use pin’s up to 8 digits, as supported by Kwikset locks.

@davidp Could you give me more detail on what this 30-second locking of the deadbolt is? I do not believe the integration with a Ring Alarm supports that feature on the lock, but I want to confirm what exactly you’re mentioning before I give you that yes or no! For the PIN codes, you will be limited to the 4 digits, as this is the same limitation for the Ring Alarm Keypad. I’ll make sure to pass on that feedback to our Alarm teams here for you. :slight_smile:

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

@davidp Could you give me more detail on what this 30-second locking of the deadbolt is? I do not believe the integration with a Ring Alarm supports that feature on the lock, but I want to confirm what exactly you’re mentioning before I give you that yes or no! For the PIN codes, you will be limited to the 4 digits, as this is the same limitation for the Ring Alarm Keypad. I’ll make sure to pass on that feedback to our Alarm teams here for you. :slight_smile:

The 910 has a four-position dip switch. Position 2, when On, will set the deadbolt after 30 seconds. This is the feature that is no longer working after pairing with the Ring Alarm. I also cannot press the lock button on the front of the lock to set the deadbolt. I have to use the app or a key.

https://www.kwikset.com/support/answers/what-are-the-switches-and-colors-for-my-smartcode-909-910

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

I have actually resolved the issue while looking at the documentation. Adding the lock to the system appears to remove all existing user codes. With no codes programmed, the lock button does not work.

I entered my desired (read longer than 4 digit) codes, and now the lock button works, and it autolocks after 30 seconds.

You may close this issue.

1 Like

Actually, I am having issues getting the access codes from my Ring to share with my Kwikset 910 keypad. I’ve tried removing, reinstalling, factory resetting the keypad, moving the lock closer to the base station. Just about everything I can find as far as troubleshooting goes. No luck! Just keeps telling “sorry we couldn’t update the access code on your lock”. It’s so frustrating.