Key fob for alarm needed

I really like the ring alarm but find it lacking. I live on 5 acres with almost total wifi coverage. I need a keyfob to arm, disarm and set panic mode. I’m ready to go back to Interface as we depended on the fobs many times during each day. I’ve spoken with techs at Ring years ago. Admit fail and I’ll dump Ring immediately.

Is there any activity on supplying Key Fobs for Ring Alarm Systems I’m on disability and find it difficult to carry groceries, purchases etc… and then be required to enter codes for my Ring Alarm and door lock codes. I rarely bring my phone anyplace as I’ve been shackled to 3 when I was working. Also, I will never have Alexa. Siri orCortana operational. A key fob would be absolutely invaluable to me and I question Ring’s reluctance to provide one.

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks!

5 Likes

I have just about every Ring product available including the security system. The one thing holding me back form converting my dad over from SimpliSafe to Ring security is the lack of a keyfob. Please offer this soon!

2 Likes

I’ve bemoaned this same deficiency in Ring’s system (among several others). The one and only time that I’ve been able to arm the system in over a year of having the system installed (like I said, I have several issues with the system) I forgot it was armed and I pranced right in and set off the alarm. In all of the chaos, I forgot the code to deactivate the alarm and my phone was hiding in my purse. Long story short is that the cops came out. It sure would’ve been nice to have a fob on the keychain that I used to unlock the door.

1 Like

Any updates on this?
Ring are really missing out on potential customer base for their alarm system.
I was going to buy this for my parents as a replacement for their old system and my own house. But they are both elderly and don’t use smartphones, and don’t cope well with remembering codes and pushing sequences and currently use key fobs. So I won’t be buying this system at all. It’s a shame as I like the look of it, but Ring are missing out customers from the elderly, vulnerable, disable communities who I would think would be the ideal demographic this simple type of alarm system.

1 Like

I second this request ! the key fob missing in the ring alarm offering is the single stopper preventing me to buy the solution.
Workaround and hack are not proper way to add it - If only the zwave regular fob support could be added as a intermediate solution. As for the security concern, this is not ring to decide what’s a sufficient alarm system - there are norms for that and any system in europe following EN50131 has a feybob

Please add this to roadmap!

1 Like

Add another requestor to this list. Key Fobs are needed for occasional use by people checking in on a house during vacations, etc. Not everyone knows how to use Ring Alarm, but EVERYONE knows how to use a key FOB.

1 Like

My grandma lives with me and has trouble with remember the codes so its better to have a key fob

1 Like

I cannot stress the need for this enough… the ring alarm system NEEDS TO OFFER KEYFOB SUPPORT.

This has been requested for over three years. Please either make a keyfob for ring OR support a zwave compatible fob. Either way I cannot ask my mother in law to have a smart phone just to enable the alarm or disable it.

1 Like

Yea NOT for someone who gets flustered when they hear an alarm say “enter your PIN now” and start making mistakes.

I don’t need a lecture from you or anyone else on how alarm systems work. I need Ring to be customer-centric and offer a keyfob.

2 Likes

It would be great to have a small nfc reader that could be mounted near a door to just touch with your phone to arm/disarm the alarm.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Please install an NFC reader in the Keypads that can be setup for either a fob or to work with your phone to allow arm/disarm with FaceID or similar authentication that doesn’t require manual pass for entry!

1 Like

Bump. Still need a key fob, switched from simplisafe and will switch back if they can’t get this simple item resolved.

1 Like

Still needed - A must in a complete security alarm - no need phones or to remember codes which are troublesome. Even a 5Yo can press a button -

2 Likes

Requesting key fob as well.

1 Like

There are remote key fobs for several things now, why hasn’t Ring got round to it yet. Fiddling with your phone when your carrying children or shopping is much more difficult than pressing a button on a key fob. Please bring one out soon!

1 Like

Has there been any thought of selling KEY FOBS ??
Other alarm systems have key Fobs to arm/disarm as well as having a panic button which is great if you are outside on your property…

A fob is needed to allow guests to come and go without giving them access to the entire alarm system and cameras. This way a guest can arm and dis arm the alarm system. I don’t want guests to have any other access to the system.

Please offer a key fob to the alarm system. ASAP

Please ring sort this out, you have a panic button so this should be a simple accessory

It adds convenience to seniors or guest or just about anyone who doesn’t want to open their phone to disarm their system. It doesn’t make a system less secure if you can simply remove the key fob via the app and then it becomes useless. They just need to implement the right security measures. Abode, Simplisafe and others all have a Key fob and it doesn’t make their systems less secure.

Amazed to find key fob can’t be added to ring alarm, will be sending it back