Issues logging into the Ring App for Android

My app quit working suddenly. Android (Samsung S10). I can login on computer, but not app. Anyone else?

Yes, last evening and again today I’m getting the message “An error occurred trying to perform the operation. Try again later.” on my Samsung S21 Ultra. My wife’s phone works, and both my iPad and PC logins are working. Just not my phone.
I checked for updates, and also uninstalled/reinstalled the app. Still no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Kevin

Nope… Clearing cache and data didn’t fix this. Thanks for the idea, though!

Here are a few things you can try to fix this concern of logging into the Ring app on Android. First, ensure that your Ring App is up to date as well as your Android OS. Next, you’ll want to check this list here to see if you have any other apps that are conflicting with the Ring App. Also, be sure to try this- on WiFi only, Cellular Data only and with your VPN off. Lastly, see if you can log in on a tablet or Ring.com.

If you are still having issues with login, you can reach out to our support team to look into this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.

AHA! Reading for the last 45 minutes, found the answer in 3 LETTERS! VPN! I allowed RING to bypass the VPN requirement, and VOILA! Works like it did before!

1 Like