Is this normal?

I got a ring cam for Christmas, and have been using it with the free 30 day plan. I have tried everything to try and get notifications on my iphone & iPad when it detects movement. I got nothing, although if I go in and look I can see all the events in history and view them. But no notifications at all.

Today it suddenly starts notifying me of motion in my garden, and both my iPad and iPhone are pinging. But I can’t see anything, because although my history shows lots of motion events, and the Ring Protect Plan notification says I have 3 days left (on my iPad) or 2 days left on my iPhone, when I try to view a video it tells me I have no plan!

Is this normal, that the thing only starts working properly when it wants you to pay? And does it normally stop you viewing your videos when you still have either 2 or 3 days of your free plan left according to their own app?
Sorry to be a bit grumpy about this, but I’m not impressed.

Oh and the UK telephone helpline number seems to be unavailable too. Not impressed.

Hi @Prudanced. You’re able to view videos from previous events while your trial is still active, so you shouldn’t be receiving this message in the Ring App. Since this concern involves your Ring Protect plan trial, it’s best to follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support as you may have initially called outside of the hours of operation.