Is it possible to limit the upload speed of recordings?

Hello. I don’t have a brilliant connection and when my floodlight camera sees movement, the bandwidth of my connections gets dominated for about a minute. It’s really frustrating when you’re watching a movie or playing a game. Is there a feature to limit the total upload speed? Thanks

Hello NeilWRing. There isnt a feature on the camera itself within the ring app that ive seen to accomplish this.

That being said most home routers have a way to limit download or upload speeds to a specific device on your home network. You can use your routers feature for that to limit the upload speed given to your camera.

1 Like

I would love to have this feature as well. I have Google Nest wifi and they do NOT allow me to limit my bandwidth. All I can do is give 1 device priority- but this does not do much goo when my wife and I are working from home…

During these covid times, especailly when school (online)goes back in session my upload banddwith is going to be horrible. I really hope somehow ring could implement something soon!

Thank you for sharing your experiences, neighbors! Other than altering your network settings and equipment, as @john1002k shared, there is not a way to do this via the Ring app. Our Ring Chime Pro is a dedicated Ring device extender, but this would still likely result in the same resources being delivered to your devices from the network.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.