Is it possible to have the app alert sound be dependent on location?

When I am home I like to have the app sound for the doorbell be silent as I have the chime pro. But when I am away from home I would like the notification to include a sound so I’ll be sure to notice it. If there is a way to do this, I have not fount it.

Also now that I have a chime connected to my doorbell I thought I coudl silence the doorbell sound the doorbell unit itself makes, but I haven’t manged that either. Is that possible? I can set the tone (or silence it) the app plays or the chime plays but so far not the doorbell unit itself plays.

Hi @jg167. First, you can adjust the ringer volume that the Doorbell itself plays in the Ring App. Tap the Main Menu > Devices > your Doorbell > Device Settings > General Settings > Doorbell Ringer Volume. As for controlling the volume of the Ring App alert based on your location, that is not currently an option. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks!