IOS Turn off Upgrade Offers at bottom of app

Hi Everybody, i contacted ring an asked them if they (or I) could switch off the annoying orange advertising banner that pops up every time i open the ring app. The gent looked into it and said it cant be switched off, its Rings advertising. I said i would like to lodge a complaint and ask for it to be removed on future updates. He said he would note it but i suspect the more people who complain the more chance there is of it being removed. I find i really annoying, to the extent that I rarely now use the app. But there you are, dont waste your time looking for a solution, there isnt one. Hope it helps. Rings UK tel no is 01727263045 if you want to lodge a complaint to the technical dept.

1 Like

I only have the Ring doorbell at this time, and this orange upgrade flag is most annoying. We have bought Eufy security cams because we can store video without paying a service. We were happy with the Ring doorbell until this annoying upgrade offer BS. We are thinking of getting a Eufy Doorbell now just to get away from the annoying upgrade offers. I get they want people to pay for their service, but to not allow a customer to disable the offers is bad business. I see people saying they dont want to buy more hardware because they dont want to see the annoying upgrade banner, and we are saying we will move to another product altogether, Come on Ring, you are losing business with this issue…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.