Invited to share and can not see video

My housemate invited me to the ring app so I can watch my kids while I’m working or “mom-ing.
I am logged into our account.
I have tapped the location. It says our location in the top left corner.
I still can not see the video.
The ring in charged and chiming when I walk in front of it.
How to I gain access to the video?
Please.
We also have a battery that only lasts 3 days.
It never lasted any longer than 3 days.
We thought that was normal until adding me to this and I’m reading these posts.
Thank you for the advice on batteries.
Need help with video.

Hi @JenWaech. Would you be able to clarify what you mean when you say you cannot see the video? Are you unable to access the Live View because it doesn’t appear as an option or because it doesn’t load? Or are you unable to view previously recorded events in the Event History?

If you don’t see the option for the Live View at all, make sure you’re on the correct location which will have “(Shared)” in the name of the location since the Doorbell was shared with you. You can change the location by tapping on it at the top center of the Ring App. If the Live View is simply not loading when you tap on it, you can find some troubleshooting tips and tricks in our Community Post on the topic here.

As for the battery concern, I would urge the owner of the Doorbell to contact our support team so they can take a closer look and diagnose what may be going on with the battery. As long as the Doorbell isn’t receiving a large number of motions, dings, or Live Views, the battery shouldn’t be draining that quickly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: