Invalid Multipass Error - Can't purchase any product or monitoring

I really love everything Ring seems to offer, including the monitoring plus service.

I just can’t purchase any though, as your site keeps giving me an error. Before I go any further, yes, I have tried different browsers, erased cached, tried the App on my phone and even another computer. Same result. Now, this is not news to Ring from what I read. Below are some statements from others having the same issue. It seems like only your tech team can fix whatever is creating this problem. Please fix it and get back to me. I would hate to have to take my business elsewhere.

++++++++

“I had contacted the Advanced Support team with the message you were seeing and it seems they have switched the billing email to make sure you can access all the features of your account.”

It appears that there is a credential handoff problem between [ringdotcom__ and shop.ringdotcom___. I can open the shop, login (which takes me to ring.dotcom without problem. However, if I try to back to shop.ringdotcom 2 the Milituipass error shows up again.

1 Like

Hi there, @PennyWise. This should not be happening. Try changing your mobile device connection to wifi, instead of cellular data. Great job on trying out another device and browser entirely.

For further assistance with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Thank you :slight_smile:

@Marley_Ring while your response is well-intentioned, this is not the solution. There are a bunch of other posts on this same topic that make it clear that what you’re saying is not the solution, and by posting this suggestion, you’re just leading non-technical people down a path that wastes their time.

This is an issue that could/should be solved by Ring engineering. It’s not a particularly complicated challenge, either. And it’s incredibly frustrating that despite various posts on the topic with literally thousands of views, that this hasn’t been addressed.

This is a problem with how ring.com, the Ring App, and Shopify are synchronizing credentials. And it’s likely creating friction that costs y’all tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars (I’m literally trying to do a $10k+ order for a new development and can’t).

This really needs to be escalated to someone who can fix this issue once and for all (or at least provide us guidance on who we should take this to).

1 Like