Installing ring doorbell pro 2 - existing bell & no powerkit bypass

The Ring doorbell Pro 2 in the UK doesn’t come with a power kit for the chime bypass. However the instructions in the help centre only shows bypass using the power kit.

Please is someone able to provide clear instructions for installing the doorbell Pro 2 using existing wiring without the power kit for European countries?

Thanks

Think you might have been on the US site when looking, no mention of power kit on UK site instructions. Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Josef, you’re right I must have been looking at the US site. So in fact it’s now easier than the Doorbell Pro 1 because the transformer now converts the current to DC, so we just bridge the input and output cables in the chime to create a complete circuit. :grinning:

As far as I know this is correct. The new version of the Ring DIN rail transformer that ships with the Pro 2 is a DC transformer. Previously with the Pro 1 it was an AC.

2 Likes

Thanks for your responses, I’ve installed successfully :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi, just checking, have you wired the PRO2 to:

• an existing transformer (Ring v1 white transformer /other)
  • or the New Black Ring V2 transformer
  • With/without a pro power kit?

The Ring PRO2 is marketed in the Uk in two packages currently. A plug in version and a Hardwired version. The Hardwired version is supplied with the new Black v2 transformer. This v2 transformer model does not need a Pro Power pack as it has built in short circuit protection like the plug in supply. Therefore a Pro Power kit is not supplied in this UK package.