Installing Floodlight Camera - what a right royal pain

Generally the installation process is ok, BUT. That connection to the earth point on the base camera is a complete disaster ! Could you make a worse connecter in a worse location when you’re at the top of a ladder and then you need three hands and there’s no finger room? Unbelievably shocking and thoughtless design!
Secondly, connecting the camera to the ring network and thence to my wi-fi service is (still) proving impossible. Most times, it doesn’t connect to the Ring network in the first place. I’ve been up and down the ladders so many times pressing the reset button, I’ve exceeded my daily step count by a good many steps. Then the system says go to Settings and select the Join Ring network - well that never shows up. Occasionally I’ve managed to get past that point and gone on to try and connect to my home wifi router. No chance. Rome might not have been built in a day, but it would have been built quicker than this camera is taking to get connected online. I’m hacked off. A very poor software implementation and how about some FAQ’s or a trouble shooting guide, that at least might point me in a direction!!! I’m going to go buy a wifi booster next, see if that helps.

Hi @GrahamHosker. We appreciate you sharing your feedback here on the installation and setup process for the Floodlight Cam. If you still need any assistance with the installation process specifically, you can find a step-by-step guide here. For the setup in the Ring App itself, you can find some troubleshooting information here as well. I also recommend ensuring that if you have a VPN, it is disabled during the setup as it can impact this. If you have a different smartphone or tablet, you can also try to complete the in-app setup on that as well.

Should this concern continue to persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look with you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: