Indoor Cam recording schedule

I have just added an Indoor Cam to my network, but want to find a way of automating the hours during which recordings and motion alerts are enabled / disabled. I don’t want the history cluttered up with an endless number of recordings triggered when we are moving around the house, whereas at nightime, I want the system active. I am currently manually disabling recordings and notifications, but often forget to re-enable them each night.

2 Likes

Hey @KingAlfred. While there isn’t a way to set an automatic schedule of when you’d like your Indoor Cam to record and when you’d like recordings to be disabled, we have been rolling out the Modes feature which may be helpful here. With the Modes feature, you have the ability to configure the settings for each mode (Disarmed, Home, and Away) so you can easily toggle between having your Indoor Cam record or not record. You can learn more about the Modes feature here.

Other neighbors have also suggested having a Mode scheduling feature available for Ring Doorbells and Cameras. Feel free to add your feedback and vote on this request in the Feature Request board. This is the best way for us to gather and share feedback with our teams here. :slight_smile:

Modes feature is not suitable for this because you have to manually enable it every time. I want to be able to schedule when the camera enables Motion Detection, not just Motion Notifications

2 Likes

I just purchased an indoor camera and also frustrated that weren’t not able to set a motion recording schedule. Would love to have this feature

Agree with you :100: it’s a hassle having to manually select Home or Away!

Very much agree with this thread, why have the ability to schedule notifications but still have the camera recording in the background.
I have mine in a busy workshop, it would be recording all day.
Add a schedule to Mode or add the record option to the existing schedule.

1 Like