Indoor Cam Problems

I purchased four (4) Indoor Cameras during Prime Day and three of them bricked right after setup while updating. After spending 30 minutes on the phone with Ring tech support, they confirmed that the three cameras were faulty. Because I purchased on Amazon, I had to call into Amazon and spend another 30 minutes with their support team to confirm again that the cameras were defective. They sent out replacement cameras fairly quickly and I returned the bad ones.

The fourth one seemed to be fine. Then it kept going into setup mode on its own. Sometimes right after setting it up again, it would start talking to you about how to set up the camera. I called into Ring tech support again on 11/8 and they confirmed that this camera was bad as well so they said they would order a replacement and that I would have to return the defective one. It’s 11/17 and the replacement camera still hasn’t arrived so I had to call into Ring support again. They said the replacement order was never placed even though I got an order confirmation that it was. So another 30 min with him trying to figure out what was wrong and now he said he placed another replacement order. Anyone else have such horrible luck with Ring products and support?

I have numerous indoor ring cams they have been working great until 2 days ago. It appears 2 of them have bricked themselves. No matter what I did, I could not get either of them to connect to my own network or any other network to even test them. I still say it’s a firmware revision that caused it. All of them say they are up to date. Getting an indoor cam connected is super simple. They no longer will connect to any network. That to me is a bad camera.

Seriously. I went with Ring because I thought the product was better but now it seems like any cheapo camera off of eBay would last longer.

Hey neighbors. If you’re still experiencing issues with your Indoor Cam or replacement status, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :smiley:

Not for nothing, I had tech support call me back. To date they still can’t figure out what’s going on. IMHO I believe some ISP’s route and modems block devices that may be contacted by the camera companies for firmware updates etc. There maybe an issue with phishing from the companies and the cameras are being locked out of the network. I have 6 of my 9 cameras working. The other 3 no longer will work. I recently purchased a competitor as I need to have streaming video and alerts in certain parts of my home. I’ll use my 6 till they are locked out. It’s a shame as I pay almost $100 a year to have cloud service for all my cams. Eventually I will have to migrate away from Ring.