I'm on the verge of cancelling my membership..

After changing our router, I couldn’t get my old ring to work after going through all of the trouble shooting tech stuff several times. So, I ordered a second generation ring which never got past connecting to the ring network and I’d get a error message that said something went wrong and it couldn’t add the device to my account. I’ve talked to tech support, they sent me a replacement, which is doing the exact same thing…

My wifi if good, all of my devices are setup to it and have no problem.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Hi @Amahri! As you mentioned adding a new network, this is certainly a variable worth checking. You also described the setup not getting past the Ring setup network. Before we check network steps, let’s try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. If possible, please try the setup on another mobile device, if the setup is still not allowing you to connect to the Ring setup network.

If you are able to get through setup, and it fails at the in home network connection (last step) please try enabling a standard 2.4 Ghz guest network, and connecting to that. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and that doesn’t work. Also the app has closed on me like 4 times during the set up process and I have tried the 2.4 network and different devices. None of them have worked. No matter what I try to never gets passed connecting to the ring network.