I’ve had Ring Video Doorbell for about six weeks now and out of all my devices, it’s the one I dislike the most. IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. That said, it simply is not quickly reactive. I was responsible for two others buying Ring, but at the moment I am embarrassed for doing so.
- I receive a message that tells me there’s a motion at my door, and I try to see what the motion is, and it tells me it’s processing. This may take 30 seconds or may NEVER show the video! That’s unacceptable. I have a $25 WYZE camera - and it’ll show me just-captured motion immediately!!! But, not the 100x more expensive Ring!
- Sometimes, trying to see a live view takes 20-30 seconds to appear. (There’s good security, huh?) Just tried it again before writing this and it said “Activating Device” for almost 30 seconds, never connected to live view, and then said “Live View Ended.” Certainly not what I paid for.
- Why do I occasionally receive a streaming error?
- During a live view, I try to listen to the sound, and it’s offonoffonoffonoffon a tenth of a second apart. (Maddening!) Is it defective?
- Re passing vehicle notifications, I have lowered the doorbell itself, installed the angle piece, lowered the detection zone (again) so IT DOESN’T PICK UP THE CONSTANT TRAFFIC IN MY STREET. I can go a few days where it works like a charm. Only an occasional notice of a vehicle passing through. Then out of nowhere, I’ll receive five notifications in the next half hour. What in hell is that??
- I will receive notices that motion is at my door, as per usual. Then, I’ll walk in front of it and NOTHING!!! No notification or ringing chimes. I might even walk back and forth in front of it and NOTHING.
- Love the Ring concept, but hate Ring right now. Any advice or helpful comments to understand how I can be so frustrated by something that costs so much money.