I can't get the 10% discount applied in the shop

Hello - I’ve recently bought and installed a Ring Alarm and two battery cams. I’ve just subscribed to Protect Plus, logged out, logged back in, added some eligible items to my basket but the 10% discount hasn’t been applied. Is there an additional step I need to go through here?

All teh best

2 Likes

Hi @badger298! It sounds like you are doing everything right here. I would give it a little more time to activate then try again, or ensure you are not still in the free trial time frame in the Ring app.

Here are the terms for this 10% discount:

• Applies to Neighbors with Protect Plus at the time of purchase.
  • Discount does not apply retroactively. (You can’t buy a device then subscribe to Protect Plus.)
  • Discount may not be combined with other offers.
  • Discount is non-transferable.
  • Does not apply to Ring Assist + or non-Ring products.
  • Neighbors cannot subscribe to the plan and use the 10% discount in the same transaction.
  • Discount applies upon the next login session from purchase. To use the discount immediately, log out of your account and log back in.
  • Neighbors must be logged in to use the discount on Ring.com during checkout.
  • The discount will not be applied when the neighbor is on the free trial unless the neighbor subscribes to Ring Protect Plus during trial.
  • Purchased plan starts once free trial ends.
  • The discount only applies to customers who purchased the Ring Protect Plus plan on Ring.com

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Ah - are you suggesting that despite me taking out the plan today I’ll need to wait 28 days until I can benefit from it? I suspect you could well be correct but I guess I won’t know for a month or so!

Have to say that it seems a tad peculiar having a Plan subscription that effectively encourages/rewards you for deferring purchases though.

Do you know if there’s a way to forgo/deactivate the free trial?

Many thanks

OK - my free trial expired yesterday. So I’ve logged out, back in again, and still no discount. This is turning out to be a bit of a pain in the rear so any help above what’s already on the website/in the FAQ would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

2 Likes

Sorry to hear @badger298! If you’ve ensured that all parts of the 10% discount terms apply to your purchase, this should certainly work. Our support team will be happy to assist further with this by phone! :slight_smile:

Hi - many thanks for your patience and help on this but one more favour to ask. Do you have a contact email for Ring themselves so that I can get in touch with them directly?

As you suggested I called their support team today. I had to call back as they (the sales team) only operate on US hours hours - not a problem but local service would be good as it signifcantly reduces teh realistic opening hours.

When I called back I was initially told that the discount wasn’t showing up as it doesn’t apply to accessories despite the website explicitly stating that it applies to all accessories. Also I’m trying to buy a doorbell which I donlt think is an accessory. After resolving this the person (who was definitely trying to be helpful) sent me a link via email to get the discount. When I click on this I get taken to the US main site but when i populate my basket and then log in to check out I’m taken right back to where I started with no discount.

I’m not sure if I’m an early adopter of Ring outside the US (or am being a complete ■■■■■ somehow) but I have to say that a) I’m now rather peeved and frustrated, and b) I suspect that they’ll want to know about a poor experiece in the UK.

Kind regards

Many thanks

1 Like

You have to make sure you are logged in on the order page

1 Like

@badger298 I’m sorry you are still going through this experience and to get a run around in a sense without any results. If you can, you can contact our team at any of the numbers provided here. For the UK, our number is as follows: [01727 26 3045.](tel:01727 26 3045) UK (and Europe) English phone support is available from 6AM-5PM CET, from Monday to Sunday. Let me know if they are able to help get this cleared up for you! :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea. Thanks for the help but that’s the number I called last time which proved fruitless. Despite a clear desire to help the staff clearly didn’t understand the product, terms of the plans (they contradicted explicit information on the website) and were obviously having to call up a different team (in Arizona I suspect) for help/information throughout the call.

With hindsight I wish I’d read the reviews on Trustpilot UK - pretty damning for a company with the backing of Amazon.

1 Like

Many thanks dfishere - agreed. I think I’ve logged in and out of my ring account more times than I’ve had a beer in the last 28 days…and these are thirsty times indeed!

1 Like

Having the same problem, I got a full plus subscription. I login on the shop, it takes me to my dashboard, I click ring shop in the drop down menu, select any product, click on the cart…no discount applied!

1 Like

Hello @Lodger ,

You are correct that one of the benefits of being subscribed to the Ring Protect Plus Plan is that you get a 10% discount on future purchases, but a very important key is that this applies only on “Selected” Ring products at Ring.com (not every product on the website qualifies).

The terms to the “Plus Plan” 10% discount:

• Applies to Neighbors with Protect Plus at the time of purchase.
  • Discount does not apply retroactively. (You can’t buy a device then subscribe to Protect Plus.)
  • Discount may not be combined with other offers (items already on Sale).
  • Discount is non-transferable.
  • Does not apply to Ring Assist + or non-Ring products (examples of non-Ring third-party products are: the “First Alert Smoke/CO detector” and the " Quick Release Battery Pack").
  • Neighbors cannot subscribe to the plan and use the 10% discount in the same transaction.
  • Discount applies upon the next login session from purchase. To use the discount immediately, log out of your account and log back in.
  • Neighbors must be logged in to use the discount on Ring.com during checkout.
  • The discount will not be applied when the neighbor is on the free trial unless the neighbor subscribes to Ring Protect Plus during trial.
  • Purchased plan starts once free trial ends.
  • The discount only applies to customers who purchased the Ring Protect Plus plan on Ring.com.
  • Ring reserves the right to waive enforcement of these terms.

A link to the eligible Product List for the “Plus Plan” 10% discount:

So @Lodger , it is possible the items you wish to purchase are not in the link above as an eligible Selected products or is already “On Sale” discounted. You should check your item with the above link to see if it is there or not. :thinking:

But another, not well-known fact is that if you are in the USA, you may be eligible for additional Discounts if you fall into one of these groups. If you qualify, Ring shows their appreciation by offers up to an exclusive 20% discount on selected Ring.com purchases (Again the key is “Selected” items and Discount codes may not be combined with other discount codes from this program or other Ring discounts or promotions).

Through VerifyPass:

• Military: Includes Active Duty, Veterans & Dependents.
  • Responder: Includes Police, Fire and EMT.
  • Medical: Includes Doctors, Nurses & medical staff.
  • Teacher: Includes Pre-K, K-12 and Professors.
  • Student: Includes Students with an eligible e-mail.

Here is the link with more details and to get you started, if you are in one of these groups:

and another link to the Product List of eligible for this 20% discount:

I hope you find this information useful. :wink:

1 Like

The link you’ve provided which list products covered by the discount, doesn’t work!

I want to purchase an indoor cam, which is not currently on “On Sale” discounted as you describe.

1 Like

Hello @Lodger ,

Unless you are outside the U.S., that link should have worked. Sorry.
The Ring Indoor cam when not “on sale”, is an eligible product for the 10% discount, if you already are on the Ring Protect “Plus” Plan.

If you are still having issues ordering and getting your discount, you can call Ring Support for additional help and order the product over the telephone:

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, you may encounter slightly longer than normal wait times.:

I hope this is helpful. :wink:

1 Like

I’m within the UK. Seems Ring doesn’t support UK customers particularly well, as the issue of UK customers receiving the 10% discount is a common problem after reviewing this forum.

1 Like

I’m in a similar boat,
I tried to take the plus subscription first, then realised i needed to buy something at full price, then do the subs, which i did. I then tried to get the discount only to be told by customer support that i need to wait for a month before I can purchase the rest of the kit that i need to build my alarm! what on earth is going on here! its madness. The US customer support team (lovely people btw) could not cancel the free trial either so allow my plus subs to commence. so I have to wait a month to start to get the alarm ordered. This is really not a very well thought through concept and in no way complies with their stated easy come, easy go, easy setup brand image. Its a rather pathetic IT system where the “computer says no!”
I sincerely hope that things go better in June, but not an auspicious start to my Ring journey.

2 Likes

It seems that solution to this from Ring is now to just mark almost everything as on ‘Sale’ effectively making them ineligible for the 10% discount.

All a bit silly really, may as well remove this as an offer on the Ring Protect Plan which will stop a lot of people spending time trying to work out why they can’t get the 10% discount