How to check the generation of a stick up cam battery?

Hello,

I bought a pack of three Ring Stick Up Cam Battery from Costco in December 2019.

I wish to know if they are third or second-generation (the box says the field of view is 115 degrees). I am having this doubt because the stand on my cameras is different than those shown on the Ring website and as the third generation by people on YouTube. See the attached image.

Even “How to install stickup cam battery” on Ring shows the camera on the left side.

Does that mean I have an older version/generation?

I want to make sure I have the latest ones so that I don’t have to worry about upgrading soon.

Thanks,

Ranveer

It looks like the latest version of stickup cam but with the added mount that’s usually sold separately.
Here’s the link to it. https://shop.ring.com/products/stick-up-security-camera-battery
If you scroll down you’ll see the mount for extra.
You can also call customer service and ask them.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

However, my question still stands. I still don’t know how to check the generation of the Ring Stickup Cam battery.

I did call customer service, twice. One said its 3rd and one said its 2nd generation.

RJ

@RJ2207

Were they the ones that were on sale for Thanksgiving? If so, they are second generation. If the ones you bought are still on the Costco website, scroll down the description to “Tech Specs.” At the bottom of the box, it shows that they are second generation.

I do not know the product evolution and plans of Ring. However, my limited understanding is the the “new” third generation stick ups are smaller and lighter, and I believe are also cheaper. I personally also interpret that to mean less beefy or durable… The “second generation” came out in 2018–so not that long ago. You might want to call Ring support and press on the option where they help you decide which Ring device to buy and see what they say and how they position the various products…

@RJ2207 wrote:

Hello,

I bought a pack of three Ring Stick Up Cam Battery from Costco in December 2019.

I wish to know if they are third or second-generation (the box says the field of view is 115 degrees). I am having this doubt because the stand on my cameras is different than those shown on the Ring website and as the third generation by people on YouTube. See the attached image.

Even “How to install stickup cam battery” on Ring shows the camera on the left side.

Does that mean I have an older version/generation?

I want to make sure I have the latest ones so that I don’t have to worry about upgrading soon.

Thanks,

Ranveer