How long for events to show in the timeline?

I have a Ring Pro doorbell cam. When a motion alert comes in through on my iPhone, if I open the ring app directly, I do not see the event in the timeline. In many cases, by the time the app is opened, the live view does not show the action that caused the alert. The event will eventually show up on the timeline, but it takes several minutes. Why does it take so long for an event to show up on the timeline? The signal strength is good and connected to the right Wi-Fi.

Hi there, @Andy0127! This is indeed by design. When an event occurs and notifies your mobile device, or Ring app, answering live will be the quickest way to view that video. Answering live will also allow for the video recording to be longer, up to 10 minutes. If you missed the notification but feel the activity is still ongoing, you can always trigger a live view from the Ring app. A recording will take some time to be available for playback in your event history, but should not take more than a few minutes. This will, of course, depend on wifi signal, network communication, and mobile device connection efficiency. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: