How it Works: Ring App Motion Schedules

Why set a Motion Schedule?

Once you install your Video Doorbell or Security Cam, you may notice recurring events that cause you to receive multiple motion alerts during a certain time period every week. For example, my mail person triggers my Doorbell Motion Zones around 2pm Monday through Friday when they bring my mail. If you don’t want motion alerts for these repetitive events, setting a Motion Schedule during this time frame will ease the number of known alerts you receive at the same time each week.

How it Works

When you set a motion schedule, your Ring app will not alert you during the specific periods of time you select, but your device will still record these events.

Note: Your device’s recordings will only be available if you are signed up for one of our Protect Plans or are currently enrolled in a 30-day free trial.

Setting Your Motion Schedule

• Step One: Open the main menu in the top left corner of the Ring app, select Devices Then pick the Cam or Doorbell you would like to create the schedule for and select Motion Settings.

• Step Two: Select Motion Schedule in the Advanced Settings section.

• Step Three: Here you can see all your past motion schedules. To add a new one, simply tap the plus sign or select Add Schedule.

• Step Four: Choose one of the pre-selected names or select Custom to type in your own name. Then edit the time frame you want your motion schedule to apply and hit Continue so you can select which days it is enabled on. Don’t forget to tap Save to finish adding your new motion schedule.

• Step Five: Once you have saved your motion setting, it should appear in the list. You can turn off any Motion Schedule Rule by tapping the toggle off. If you prefer to delete it, tap on the motion schedule and tap Remove this Schedule , then confirm the removal by tapping Remove Schedule on the new window that pops up.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

You must turn off or delete the rule in order to receive motion alerts during the days and times designated in your motion schedules.