How do I switch from initial WiFi network to a more reliable one

My Ring video doorbell was originally installed on a Ruckus network system (in a “Smart Lennar” home but is very unreliable. Also included on the Ruckus network a Honeywell Thermostat which now works only manually).

I want to move the Ring doorbell to my home WiFi network which is way more reliable. Is there anyone out there who can explain, in great detail, the steps to move the Ring video doorbell to my home network?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi @Itsonlyme. You can change the wifi network your Ring device is connected to in the Ring App. Open up the Ring App > Main Menu > Devices > your Doorbell > Device Health > Change Wi-Fi Network. You’ll just want to follow the prompts that the Ring App takes you through, and you’ll need to be near the Doorbell during this process. If you run into any difficulties, feel free to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can walk you through this process step by step as well. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Caitlyn,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I may need to try your solution.

After a few hours of tech support from Spectrum (my home WiFi service) and Ruckus, we all have decided the problem lies in the new recently installed Spectrum router. The Ruckus equipment is connected to the Spectrum home network via Ethernet cable. It seems that all of the Ethernet connections do not work. I will be getting a another new router on Saturday. We shall see if that was , in fact, the problem.

If I am able to get my Ring back on line, I will try to find a way to change the WiFi location using my original home WiFi network which is very reliable and will not have to go through the Ruckus.

i just hope it works! Thanks again. I sure hope I won’t need to talk to the Ring technical people. Wish me luck. (PS - I am not a technical person ?)

1 Like

Wow! This is a RIDICULOUS method. SEVEN menus deep to change on EACH device in my home!?! That will take at minimum an hour. Why is it not in settings, where I have been digging for weeks!? Just wow.