How do I change a device from one account to another

I have a stick up cam with battery that was under another account and I forgot the password and can’t set it up with another established account. I am being told to remove it from the 1st account which I can’t figure out how to do since I can’t get into it any more.

i was to start fresh with a device not under any account and re setup it like when it came out of the box.

I need to remove it from any connection to an account.

Help…!

Hi @BklynBoy2738. The Camera will need to be removed from the account it was originally set up under first. You should be able to reset the password for your original Ring account if you’ve forgotten it. If you can no longer access that account, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team and letting them know. They can take a closer look and see if they can help you access the original account so you can remove the Camera from it. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.