How can I test if the contacts to connect to my existing doorbell are working?

My Ring Video Doorbell 2 is not working with my existing doorbell /ringer.
The transformer is a BT8-8, 8V 12V 24V / 8VA, using the 8V. The ringer is a Byron 1210, 8V 1A.
When I test it with the bare wires for the switch, the Ring app get’s a message, but my old ringer does nothing.
It could be that maybe the transformer isn’t powerful enough, although according to Ring it should be fine.
Before looking into this, I’d like to know if I can test if maybe the contacts on the Ring doorbell are broken income way.

Hi @user23893. If your Doorbell is properly wired, you should see this reflected in the Ring app under the Device Health menu. It would be helpful if you could share some pictures of your setup, so we can confirm everything is in order. A picture of your transformer and chime kit would be great. Thanks, neighbor!

I changed the transformer to a more powerful one, 8V and 25VA, this didn’t make any difference. The existing doorbell I use is the Byron 1210.

Under the Health Menu is says my doorbell is connected to solar power, this stays like that even if it is disconnected from everything, and after a complete reset.

Hi @user23893. In this case, I suggest following up with our support team. They’ll be able to rung some diagnostic tests on your Doorbell and help determine what is happening here. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.