How can I deactivate Two Factor Authentication?

It seems not well thought policy. By the time you go through the authentication process there is no need to check who’s at your door. Ring team needs to provide an option to turn off the two factors authentication …

2 Likes

I was unable to find 2-step-authentication as an option on the Feature request Board . Am I searching wrong or is it just not there.

1 Like

Hi neighbors. I was able to find this Feature Request post where other neighbors are asking for the same feature. Feel free to vote or comment on it.

1 Like

TFA makes the app more useless than it already is.

It already doesn’t send notifications. If I happen to be home when someone comes by and my chime happens to work on that day, between the latency and 2FA I can’t log in fast enough to see who’s at the door. Why don’t you at least let it interface with Trusted Places?

I had a better system set up 20 years ago with an Apache server running on top of Windows ME. That’s right. The worst OS ever, but my system was still more reliable.

I wouldn’t have purchased it if I knew every “update” would make it less functional.

Unauthorized imposition of 2FA is bad business and clearly a huge drawback to the how people access their Ring devices. It is a mystery to me (and clearly many others) as to why a company actively seeks to do this kind of arrogant brand damage by refusing to listen to their customers.
2FA NEEDS to be optional. No debate.
Listening to the customer is what a good neighbor does.
Have a good day.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.