More Options to Filter Event History by Time/Date/Location/Device

For sure, this is the biggest issue with the app in my opinion. There is a bigger thread about the same topic, so please upvote here to bring this to Rings attention sooner: More Options to Filter Event History by Time/Date/Location/Device

1 Like

Iā€™d like to be able to filter my list of Ring recordings by Date and Time. I have a lot of recordings and usually Iā€™m more interested in looking or reviewing recordings made between 12:00 AM and 8:00 AM in the morning while I was asleep to see if anyone had been recorded scoping out my door or garage. Having a filter by date and time would allow me to focus in on those recordings only. Iā€™m sure other would find this option of. Alive if you implemented it.

Incredible that this feature doesnā€™t exist. I found this thread hunting for what I assumed was a trivial way to search that I just hadnā€™t learned how to do.

2 Likes

So many other filters have been created which arenā€™t really valuable. Filter by time of day seems like such a basic task.

Such a developers oversight.

1 Like

This is my absolute #1 request, and my biggest complaint about Ring. Iā€™d like to know whatā€™s going on in the alley at night, but people are coming and going all day and itā€™s too tedious to scroll through it all.

I know Ring wants to keep things simple, but weā€™re just asking for another filter.

2 Likes

Me too. I assumed it was there right under my nose. Seems like such an obvious thing for a security system.

2 Likes

Please. I have a simple scenario, show me activity between 3 and 4 am.

2 Likes

This would be super helpful.

Any news on this it would. Be very helpful and such an easy fix for a company to make

Added my vote to this. Itā€™s crazy we canā€™t filter by time. Itā€™s so obvious.

Please add this basic functionality of being able to filter by time of day

We have someone accessing our building in the early morning. It is a HUGE PAIN to scroll through all the history to find the videos we are looking for. It would be SO MUCH EASIER to be able to filter to events from 11:30pm to 4:00am.

1 Like

How do I get my ring cameras to record again?.

What is the phone number for my ring cameras to record again?.

I was just asking for this same feature. I am sad that it was suggested by others so long ago and it is still not available.

Yes please! Revive this thread and increase the votes! We need this feature!

I would like to see this feature as well!!! Why ring is not even care to respond

I want to be able to filter the history to find all activities between certain hours (say 10pm to 7am)

1 Like

I would like to see an app feature allowing Event History to be filtered by specific camera, and by time of day. If you wanted to evaluate activity on the cameras in the middle of the night (1am to 5am) for example, you could set a range of times to review.

There are also some settings that are ā€œglobalā€ in nature. For DISARM for example, you canā€™t go to a separate device and just disarm one. You have to go to modes and set up definitions.

I agree Ring should have more camera-specific controls such as you recommended. It makes sense and should be an inherent feature - meaning already designed without user request.

1 Like