Help with new ring doorbell 2 set up please

Hello,
I recently purchased a ring doorbell 2 after hearing great reviews!

I opened the box and charged the battery for 24 hours …
Next I sat down to set up the device and discovered it wasn’t as easy as I’ve been told (or im most definitely doing something wrong) …

So I install the app and input my details to create a account … I’m unable to scan the barcode as for some strange reason there are only regular barcodes stickers on mine and no QR code (so I skip that part as it says you can ) and then it gets to the exciting part of putting in the battery and pressing buttons ? … So firstly I do what the app tells me a inset the battery and it just flashes blue very quickly for a long period ? … The app tells me it should have a spinning white light but it doesn’t?
I have tried trouble shooting and having no luck so thought I would try you lovely people :relaxed:

Thanks in advance ?

Hi @Jaymee_cara. Happy to help here. The OR code that you need to scan can be found on the back of the Doorbell, the box, or on the card that came in the box with the instructions. To get the white flashing light (Setup More), press and release the button on the side of the Doorbell. If this doesn’t work at first, try holding the Setup Button down for 20 seconds, then releasing and trying again.

If this doesn’t seen to help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this works!