Hearing my own voice

Hi,

Just installed my Ring V2 doorbell
I have a juge problem of voice feedback :

On my Galaxy s10 plus no problem , works like a charm

But when my wife answers the call, I hear her just well. She hears me also well.
But every word I say from outside comes back to me.
The phone records and send back everything it receives.

Her phone is brand new (Samsung S20 FE 5G)
My guess is that there is some software problem.
I tried everything with support.

If we turn off the audio on her side, I don’t have this double feedback. So it’s the ring app that records everything and sends it back.

If we use a classic videochat app there’s no problem everything coming out from the speaker is not sent back.

Any idea? If Ring people are reading this, your should test the app with an S20 FE 5G
There’s an issue there.
I’ll be happy to beta test any new release.

Hi @GillesG. A feedback loop from your Ring Device to your phone, is usually a result of standing too close to your Ring Device while using the 2 Way Audio. Does this happen when you are away from the Ring Device? You can also try lowering the volume on your phone so it won’t feed back into the Ring Device. If this problem persists, I would reach out to our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Works perectly with one phone.
Not at all with another.

Problem is not the user

:wink:

Hi @GillesG. I’m not sure what type of phone is having the issue, but here is some general help. Try uninstalling the Ring app, rebooting your phone, then reinstalling the Ring app. This will prompt you to login. Then, test the audio on your device. Also, make sure bluetooth is turned off. I hope this helps!