health check passes, no video

My ring keyhole camera has been working fine for more than a year. This week I lost video. The doorbutton doesn’t work either. The health check passes with RSSI of -41. When I select live view i get streaming error. I tried resetting with the side button for 30 secs. No difference. Any suggestions?

Hi @jimleo. After performing a reset by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds, did you run through a new setup in the Ring App? If not, I’d recommend performing a reset again and then completing a new setup by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If the Doorbell is still not responding after finishing the setup process, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a closer look and offer more in-depth troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: