Have the App detect when you leave so it automatically turns itself on!

How do i reach the programmers to give them this idea where instead of us having to turn on the system on our phones when we leave but instead when u leave it can easily detect u are off the wifi signal and automatically turn your system on and u get notifications and than when u return it can deactivate it so u dont get a bunch of false notifications.

Hi @user29787. It sounds like you’re describing the Geofence feature. This is currently available in the Ring app and can automatically provide you with reminders to arm or disarm your system based on when you enter and leave the Geofence. You can read more about this feature here. It does not automatically arm or disarm your system, but will provide reminders and can automatically snooze alerts from your Doorbells and Cameras. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I would rather have it automatically turn in instead of just a reminder. Would appreciate if you could have that feature in the next update on your app.
At least have it optional if you want it automatically or as a reminder.

Nest has this feature and it makes it so much easier to come and go. Ring should definitely figure out a way to add it.

I completely agree - my Nest has had this for 10 years so I was stunned that Ring didn’t - Ring’s geofencing is so weak compared Nest’s use of your phone location to turn the camera on/off…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.