Have camera start recording whenever PIR sensor turns floodlights on

Unless I’m missing it, there is no way for me to set the camera to start recording whenever the PIR sensor picks up something that turns on the floodlights after dark. It seems logical that one would want the ability to do this. I’ve witnessed several occasions where the lights turned on because of a squirrel or raccoon, but the camera didn’t record it as a motion event. How do I know this? Because I am able to spot a frame of video during that time, containing the animal. that the camera recorded via the “every 30 seconds” setting.

Please give us the ability to have the PIR sensor trigger a recording event.

Hi @user25680. To clarify, the lights on your Floodlight Cam have a separate motion detection than the camera itself. The lights will turn on every time motion is detected assuming it is dark enough outside, but your Floodlight Cam will not always record. You can read more about this in our Help Center article here.

Hello. I understand that these sensors are separate. I am asking if a future feature could be to have the motion sensor that is used for the light to activate a recording as well.

1 Like