Hardwired Video Doorbell 3 Plus rang once and then stopped

Hi Everyone, I just bought the 120V AC 60 Hz power input with 16V 30VA power output ring approved transformer. I installed everything and after flicking the breaker went to the front door and hit the ring at which point my mechanical ringer in the house gave me a nice ding-dong, what a feeling. Shortly after I was having issues getting the ring to start-up without the battery, at this point the battery was almost at 0% charge, so I charged the battery overnight. After plugging in the battery today and let it sit for about 30 mins the app is now reporting that the ring is hardwired and slowly charging the battery. My problem now is that I can’t get the mechanical ringer to ring again. Any thought’s on how it rung once but now wont? The only thing that seems logical is that one ring shorted it or something? Thanks!

Hi @Jacobschneider1371. A few things here. I suggest charging your battery to 100%. Hardwiring your Doorbell will provide a trickle charge, but not completely charge the battery in a reasonable amount of time. Once you’ve connected the fully charged battery, go into your Ring app and select the Doorbell > Device Settings > General Settings > select your Chime Kit type. This could be the reason it will no longer work. Let me know if this helps!