Hardwired Changed to Battery

Yep mine is the same way

Ours is plugged into a transformer that has worked consistently since we got it a year ago, but is now showing as battery and saying solar is connected even though we don’t have a solar panel? :woman_shrugging: Frustrating.

I have the same issue with my doorbell 4. Have raised my problem with the RING technical department. They confirmed that my doorbell had 20v and was trickle charging and the problem was with the App and not a matter of concern. I registered my disappointment at not being able to be aware of the loss of the 20v supply other than by monitoring battery discharge.

1 Like

Hi all, I have just installed using existing doorbell wiring, my 2nd Generation Video Doorbell, 15V AC supply is live, but app shows battery and not hardwired. Original Doorbell is a Friedland 230 Big Ben which is on the compatible chimes list, so I assume the Friedland Transformer is also okay being a D753 8V/1A. Is this probably a software issue as reported above?

Mine is the same!

Pain in the rear end - all indications point to it getting power - solid light, etc but it doesn’t say hardwired in the UI or have a charging symbol so I’m not convinced

Same issue for me, I have a Ring doorbell 1, bought the ring charger last year & all has been fine until Friday when I got a notification that the battery was at 30%. Took it down & charged it via USB. It’s just draining & not showing as hardwired. Seems strange we’re all having this problem.

Hi there, neighbors! Thank you for continuing to share your experiences with us. Aside from the normal battery and power troubleshooting steps, please also consider usage factors such as back to back events, many events, many live views, or signal connection interference. These variables can cause battery drain, or the power status to show battery.

If none of the suggestions in this thread have resolved your concern, our support team would love to take a more in-depth look at solutions for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know of any solutions you obtain! :slight_smile:

Same issue here with Video Doorbell (2020 Release). Noticed today that it’s no longer saying “Hardwired” but the transformer voltage is all good on both ends.

Also my parents are seeing same issue with Video Doorbell 2. It stopped saying hardwired but the battery level remains at 100%

Has anyone contacted Ring support yet? So many posts - surely someone must have called already :wink:

Our HARDWIRED Ring Doorbell is showing a “Battery Needs Charging” too. Do all of us really need to call the Support Line and wait?

Same thing happening here with Video Doorbell 4’s.

I called few days ago and supposedly got the issue escalated although there is no ticket # or any sort of confirmation. Also the tech kept telling me that on his end he could see it as “hardwired” so everything as fine and there is nothing to be done. Had to repeat several times that I don’t know what he sees but on my end its showing battery…

1 Like

Update: Doorbells I have are back to saying hardwired
It’s interesting because I contacted Ring via Twitter just in the past hour and it was saying Battery. After they replied and promised it would be taken care of now its working properly…

1 Like

Hey JetRocket11, it’s good to hear yours goes back normal. Very interesting. You did not do anything on your end to fix it?

Other than contacting support by phone few days ago and again today through Twitter I didn’t do anything else. I just checked my parents doorbell and theirs is back to hardwired status as well.

1 Like

Had same issue, but looks to be fixed now, back to showing hardwired.

Mine is back to showing hardwired as well.

1 Like

Mine is also back to showing hardwired. I had no issues when it said battery as it was clear it was charging as it regularly returned to 100% every night. So clearly cosmetic in the app.

1 Like

Mine is also now back to showing hard wired.

I did talk to Ring UK through their Twitter account. They did ask me to completely reset the doorbell back to factory settings, which I was hesitant to do, glad I did not now.

Because I have a Battery Spotlight Cam, a recent update does not allow me to have Snap Shot Capture every 60 seconds like in the past. I’m not happy. I have it plugged into a 1.5amp plug that provides continuous power so it should allow me to choose whatever I want. It’s my camera. Why change it, why make it no longer the great camera it once was especially when you added snapshot capture. Leave it up to the consumer. If I want it every 60 seconds. Let me choose it. It should be my choice. Don’t assume we want it changed for us. I called support, we re-installed it but it only gave me 2 choices, solar or battery. So those choices only allow for longer snapshot intervals. FIX IT! Please. Please allow battery and solar to choose shorter snapshot intervals.