Glass-Break Sensors

Ring does not have glass-break sensors. I have z-wave glass-break sensors from a third-party. Can they be made to work with Ring?

Hi @wcstarks. Third-party glass-break sensors are not compatible with the Ring Alarm system. You can find what third-party z-wave devices work with the Ring Alarm system in our Help Center Article here. You can also take a look at our Feature Request board as other neighbors have mentioned a glass-break sensor in there. This helps us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Not a true replacement, but strategically placed Echo Dots will listen for glass breakage (and more) as part of Alexa Guard. Drawback is that this only works with fully armed and not in Stay mode.

This said, I prefer an actual unit over a listening device. For example, I prefer the smoke/CO sensors instead of the alarm listening device. So, glass breakage sensors are absolutely needed.

2 Likes

That’s a great call-out, @su_A_ve! When you set Alexa Guard to Away mode, Alexa can send you Smart Alerts via notifications to your phone if an Echo device detects the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking. You can find more information on using Alexa Guard with the Ring Alarm here in our Help Center Article as well. :slight_smile:

thanks for the awesome information.

1 Like

Ring has glass break sensors now:

2 Likes

“Get mobile alerts when the Glass Break Sensor detects the sound of glass shattering in your home, or set the sensor to automatically sound your Ring Alarm siren when armed in Home or Away mode.”

Assume it triggers a dispatch if it’s triggered, just like any other contact sensor, if you are subbed to Ring Protect, right?