Getting maybe 1 out of 5 alerts!....Disgusted with this doorbell.

Have had this Ring Doorbell 2 for several months and have tried everthing to get it to work, settings/wedges/position, and I still only get alerts on occassion. Have had people come to the door several times this week and not one alert! If I open the door and step outside it gives me an alert after about 15-20 seconds.

So far this has been an expensive purchase for a piece of junk. And to show you how crooked Amazon is, they would not post my negative review of the bell. Doesn’t suprise me since it seems that every time I check reviews for items on AZ the majority of them are fake! If you are thinking of buying a Ring doorbell I would advise you to save your money.

1 Like

Hey @rcglfr. Getting intermittent notifications could be a network issue, or it may require some adjustments to your Motion Settings. I would check the RSSI of your Ring Doorbell 2. If your RSSI is -40 or worse, there may be interference! I can also appreciate that you’ve tried different positions and Wedge combinations, this is often overlooked. It may be best to contact our support team so one of our experts can work with you to get this Ring Doorbell 2 working for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.