Geofencing mode

Agree with everyone here. Just purchased Ring and had assumed that as both my heating and lighting systems have been successfully doing geofencing for multiple people in my house for years, that a leading smart company would already have the functionality in their system too. Come on Ring. I’m a bit embarrassed for you.

4 Likes

Yep. This is lame. Please add ASAP or open up an API with IFTTT.

5 Likes

Is there an update on when geo-fencing available? we had Nest in our old house and Ring was installed by our contractor in our new house and I was shocked to learn this feature wasn’t available. Nest has had this feature for years. It is a basic feature in many apps at this point.

6 Likes

I was going to apologize for my first post here being so harsh but then I realized that it is Ring that should apologize for a major deficiency in their app. You could probably hire a couple of 14 year old coders and they could knock out geofencing functionality in a week.

I had 2 Nest cameras in my previous house but bought a Ring doorbell for our new house so I bought a couple of Ring Elite cameras and just assumed a market leader would have basic functionality that their competitors have had for years.

Come on Ring, stop hiding and prioritize this function request so you can get back to meeting the minimum requirements for a camera system.

5 Likes

Following this thread and +1 on geofence!

3 Likes

Alright so the tech heads out there i got a reliable solution. Use home assistant for all your automation and use homebridge with ring integration. There is also a MQTT method but that is too much work for absolutely no reason. So homebridge with ring which auto gets discovered in home assistant when you use HomeKit which gets transferred right to your iOS. Works amazing and ring doesn’t even need to bother making a solution now.

1 Like

Seriously, you have a constant stream of people asking for it, how is it that ring have not woken up to this yet!? Most of it is already coded into smart phones. My heating, canary camera, smoke alarm all know when I’m out of the house, why an earth doesn’t my ‘smart’ alarm system?

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey neighbors. Thank you for continuing to show your interest in a possible Geo-Fencing mode for the Ring Alarm system and other Ring devices. We do not have an ETA at this time of when and if this will be a feature. When we have a good update on this, we will make sure to let you know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ring is clearly dropping the ball here, also with the response speed of their two factor authentication. Bush league stuff from a supposed industry leader. I’ve certainly suspended all my purchases and plans to expand my system until this is fixed. If I don’t see this implemented soon I’ll write it off and move on to a better provider.

4 Likes

Get it done. There is no reason I can thing of why the alarm wouldn’t at least arm it’s self using geofencing. It’s built into the Apple api for f sake! I have probably only actually set the alarm 10 times as I keep forgetting!

3 Likes

Pathetic Ring! (amazon)

Jeffy B needs to invest some of that $$$ into a basic feature of a security cam system.

Did they inherit a B team of developers from Ring or what?

C’mon Jeffy, you bought this company for 1Billion back in 2018, its time to put the Varsity squad of DEVS on this project otherwise you gonna tick more peeps off.

3 Likes

Apparently all of the developers are too busy working on the drone camera they just announced. Guess what, I’m not buying another <expletive deleted that they wouldn’t let me use> Ring camera until there is geofencing. Ring should be embarrased and ashamed at this point.

1 Like

At this point in the game, honestly, I’m tired of no official response on this subject.

No geofencing route map
No HomeKit route map (I guess I kind of expected this one, though I hoped it would materialise).

I’m now waiting for a decent HomeKit enabled competitor to hit the UK market and I’ll jump ship as soon as it drops.

1 Like

There should also be a geofencing setting to turn on notifications for cameras. Any update?

1 Like

Likewise I cannot believe this capability is not supported- now seriously considering returning the ring cameras and alarm I bought in the past month

How is this set as resolved?
By resolving it you are basically saying ‘We hear you but we aren’t going to do anything about it’
Come on ring it’s 2020. I had Cammy cameras for years that had geofencing and they were a small company compared to ring!

1 Like

Totally Agree!

How can you guys mark this topic as “resolved”?

I know how you can…and why…because you don’t want people to draw attention to your shortcomings!

Give me a break RING…Jeffy at Amazon has a little extra money to throw at this problem i’m sure.

C’mon Jeffy!

1 Like

Been a customer for many years… growing very tired of this basic feature not being added. I’m getting ready for camera upgrades and won’t be buying Ring without geofencing that works in combination with schedules.

• when I am away, recording + notifications 24x7

• when home, 6am - 9pm, recording only

• when home, 9pm-6am, recording + notifications

1 Like

Marking as solved?

Pathetic.

This is not solved.

Resolved should say. This is all we can say right now. So, there is no Geofencing at all and it’s not in the works. But may happen at some point. End…

Saying it is “resolved” is a stretch as well.

This is not resolved either. You work for Jeffy? not sure by the tone of your response if you are being sarcastic or a defender of Ring here?

@Eagle328 wrote:
Resolved should say. This is all we can say right now. So, there is no Geofencing at all and it’s not in the works. But may happen at some point. End…