Gen 1 Wired Ring Doorbell won't hold wifi connection

I think my original Gen 1 video doorbell, original owner, has come to the end of life, just plain worn out. Wifi connection simply will not hold on the unit, continue to drop or lose the connection. Plenty of Wi-Fi signal strength from Cisco Wifi through out house, 100% signal strength at the doorbell location using wifi app signal penetration app. I will reconnect the unit, and hours later the unit will drop connection, repeat connection, hours later drops connection.

Should I be looking for a sale on current model Ring Doorbells?

In the event I purchase a new video doorbell unit, 2020, 3, or 4, will this unit be able to mount onto my existing Gen 1 mounting bracket?

As I look, our unit has more of the look of the Video Doorbell unit 2020 release, 3, or 4, except we have owned since this similar looking model first introduced, 10+ years. Hoping I can just attach a new doorbell to the existing mounting bracket

Hi @c60953841c99cb008b8d. For this concern, I would suggest reaching out to our support team. If your Doorbell has reached it’s end of life, our support team will be able to confirm this or correct the issue you are having. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi, our ring pro started doing exactly the same thing this week. When did yours start dropping connections? I was thinking it might have been a buggy update.

I’ve had my Ring Pro for two months and suddenly lost connection and for the past 2 1/2 weeks I have been unable to reconnect. Reset router multiple times, reset power to doorbell, push the reset button so many times I’ve lost the screw to the faceplate. Tries to reconnect to Ring network device which doesn’t exist. Good luck.