Galaxy Z Flip Two Way Communication

I installed my Ring doorbell yesterday and I have not been able to get the two way communication to work with my Galaxy Z Flip. It works on other devices when I login on those, just not the Z Flip. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I could find for this problem, but still no luck. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Hi @altimmo. I would first ensure that your OS on your phone is up to date. It is also good to check that your Ring app is running on the latest version. Once you’ve checked those few things, this Help Center article here has some troubleshooting steps that may be able to help you. I hope this works for you!

1 Like

I have verified that my phone’s software us up to date and that the Ring app is the latest version as well. I also went through the troubleshooting steps and still have not had any success. It works on my husband’s Galaxy Note S20 and my old Galaxy S8+, but not on the Galaxy Z Flip. I suspect that the Galaxy Z Flip is too new and the software/hardware is not fully supported yet. Maybe there is a patch in the works that will take care of the issue soon.

Hi @altimmo. There may be some specific settings that need adjustment in order to get this particular phone to function properly with the Ring app. There is a list of apps that conflict with the Ring app here. I would suggest reaching out to our support team so they can look into this with you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Can i ask do you use a galaxy smart watch. If you do turn off bluetooth and try. I am unable to talk or hear people with my watch connected for calls but i turn it off it works. I phoned technical support and was told to leave blutooth off…not very practical.

It seems the app treats it as a call but the watch doesnt.

I just had the same problem with @user7794 user7794.
When the Samsung galaxy watch 4 is connected to the phone, I am not able to use the two-way communication with the Ring Doorbell uninterrupted/corrupted, when I do disable the Bluetooth connection between the phone, and the watch, the two-way com is working properly.

Are there any integration plans for ring doorbells to be integrated with smart watches? Is there, any possibility to patch the app not to interfere with watches?