Free trial expired too soon

Hello! Per the FAQ:

#############
Is there a free trial for the Ring Protect Basic Plan?

Yes! Your 30-day trial subscription begins as soon as you activate your new Ring product.
#############

I just signed up as a new user and activated my ring doorbell 2 this last weekend. The video recording worked for the first day, but now every time I try to access that feature I get an error that my trial has expired. Why didn’t I get a full 30 day free trial?

Thanks;
Jeff

Hi @CocoaJeff! You definitely should have had your trial for the entirety of 30 days, as long as this was a newly purchased Ring device, and depending on the retailer. Even if you subscribed to a Protect plan, your trial should carry out the remainder of it’s days before activating the plan. If your recordings are still not showing up, please try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device.

If this concern persists, our support team will be happy to assist more in-depth by phone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Marley;

Thank you for the reply. Well, there’s the problem. This was NOT a “newly purchased Ring device”, I bought it used from my cousin who just upgraded to a newer model. But I am a new owner of a Ring device, and a new member of the Ring community… so it would be nice if the same 30 day free trial offer was extended to people like me who purchased used devices, as well.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks;

Jeff

Hi @CocoaJeff. If you give our support team a call here, you should be able to request a 30 day free trial from a support representative. From there they can let you know if they can apply this trial for you!

1 Like

Hi, Chelsea;

Thank you, I called the support number and a very nice support agent (RJ) was able to help me out, and give me the 30 day free trial. I appreciate the great support, and I look forward to using my Ring Doorbell 2.

Thanks!

Jeff

1 Like

@CocoaJeff Awesome news! I hope you enjoy the Doorbell, and feel free to come back and post in our Doorbells board if you have any other concerns you want to bring to the Community first to get neighbor to neighbor support! :smiley_cat:

Iv put all my bank details in so it could automatically go through

What is the number that I can contact someone

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch