Free cover still got charged shipping

Recently I purchased a Doorbell Pro 2 and received the email saying that I could order a replacement cover for free with a specific discount code.

It also said on the email the shipping would be free. I ended paying 4.50€ for the shipping still.

Anyone else got this experience?

You should get free shipping. Just checked back my email and it said free shipping was included. I haven’t actually claimed mine yet though. Might be worth giving support a call or one of the Ring staff can maybe stop by the thread to advise.

Thank you for the quick reply.

That’s what I thought.

It’s a bit annoying needing to call and not have an email or chat with someone that can have a look at this.

I am in the UK and my email 100% said shipping was on Ring. Only thing I can think is it could be different in other countries but I wouldn’t think so.

Hi there, @Ruisilva450! The Video Doorbell Pro 2 faceplate promotion should certainly be at no cost. In regards to shipping, please check with the shipping company to ensure there were not duty/customs or service fee’s of any sort.

If not, please feel free to reach out to our support team for further look into this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.