Former Owner Will Not Delete Device in Their Acct

I am a Realtor. My Buyer cannot setup their Ring Video Doorbell that came with the house due to Seller not deleting the device on their Ring account. How can Ring help my Buyer in this situation?

Hi there, @MikesRing! It sounds like you might need to complete the Change of Ownership process. When a Ring owner leaves their devices behind, they should remove it completely from their account, however, this is not always the case. In an instance where the new owner is having trouble setting up, follow the steps linked above to setup your Ring device. If you need any further assistance with setting up or gaining access to this Ring device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

My Buyer is still having a problem after contacting Ring. Seller is not responding to Ring either. If my Buyer can proved he is the owner of the house where Ring was installed, can Ring override deleting the device to the former owner?