Forcing Ring Pro to 2.4 GHz

I need my wifi band to be 2.4 GHz temporarily so I could set up or reconfigure my smart devices like switches, outlets, etc. I see no way to do this except to just disconnect the Ring Pro from my ISPs router each time I need to do this… Previously I would turn off the 5GHz band on my ISPs router. I am just getting started with Ring security.
Thanks for any advice you can give,

Regards,
Rich

There shouldn’t be any reason to have to force the band, your devices should attempt to connect to whichever band is the strongest for them to connect to while you set them up.

Smart devices only work on 2.4 GHz wifi. All my current devices do and I can’t find any that will work at both bands. Thanks for responding.

yes, that’s my point. You don’t need to do anything special to get your devices that support only one band to connect as in a sense they won’t “see” the other band.

Good luck!

I left out an important point. The phone or tablets used to configure the smart devices have to be connected at 2.4 GHz and they cannot switch from 5 to 2.4. Sorry I wasn’t clear. I will try to find something that can switch between the two bands since it looks like there is no way to configure the Ring for only 2.4.