Footage unavailable between motions?

This is also happening to my front door Ring doorbell today as well. First time this has happened and we have had our Ring doorbell for about 6 months. It stopped working at about 10-11am EST.

I still can’t seem to get the motion to trigger, and the last video I have is from a package this morning at 10:20. It’s now 1:10pm and it still won’t trigger any motion and I have clips from when one other delivery person came this morning and that footage is also unavailable.

I would assume with the nature of my internet connection, and how healthy my device is, that this must be a Ring-dependent issue.

EDIT: As stated earlier, my Ring door bell itself is also not alerting my mobile devices when pressed.

Same issue, no notifications and footage not availabel! As a new customer of only a week feeling like there are stability issues and may need to think about taking back which is too bad because I do love the system!

I have various gaps in the time line reporting the footage is unavailable. Only snap shot are shown. This problem seems to have recently started. There must be a software issue and Ring had better get it fixed before there’s a Classaction suit filed.

Looks like many others have reported the same concern with no help from Support.

Same here in Hungary. (Doorbell 2)

No alerts (when I push doorbell), No motion and no Chime (chime pro), no mobile alerts. So, whole ring system is not working.

any resolution to this yet? 3 stick up cameras doing this. so far the ring doorbell works fine.

this is uncacceptable!!! these cameras are overrated!!! theres better products out there thant this over rated marketing scam cameras!!! why do we have to pay for something just dont work when they supposed to work for safety!!!

Just started around 9 AM EST here in New York. All 3 (doorbell, spotlight and stick up) all stopped recording footage in between motions. Rebooted router as well as Chime Pro and issue persists on all my Ipads and Iphones. On 9/28 around 1000 PM EST I was getting a 406 not acceptable error and could not access my account or cameras thru my PC or iphone/ipad. When I turned off my wifi I was able to use the ring app and sign on to the site and my footage in between was working. Somehoe the server must have been blocking my IP address. Called support next morning and reset password. About an error later it started working thru my wifi again. Now today I have this problem. Seem to have nothing but problems and I am losing my patience. Video and audio always with lag and most of time audio is unrecognizable. Yes I did all rebbots/reinstalls, bought a Chime Pro. All RSSI are strong yet all these problems persist and I think I will be trying a different product. It’s a shame because the app is east to use. Just wish the product worked. Still waiting on a call back from support level II.

Community Support is available by phone 3AM-11PM at 1-800-656-1918 when i called this number there is a pre recorded message saying we are awarer of certain app features not working and we are working to fix them…

I have loads of cameras and none of them work properly - I have the new chime pros they keep falling off my wifi - I spend my entire life setting up resetting I’m bored of it and would like the vast amounts of money I’ve spent on this crap repaid - Ring you are very welcome to have the hardware back!

Hi neighbors. Yesterday our Processing Infrastructure was running behind and causing delays. This was fixed quickly and all should be back to normal now. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused If you are noticing that this is still an issue for you, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Over the last few days all of my camera have stopped capturing snapshots. It didn’t happen all at once. First one, then another, then all. I have a Ring doorbell (battery), Ring Flood Cameras, Stickup, etc. Worked well until a couple of days ago.

Surprised to see so many people with the same issue. In addition to the footage unavailable, sometimes I get no notification and not motion/ring events… as though nothing has been detected.

I’ve rebooted my router, reinstalled the app, I’ve even split my 2.4 and 5 ghz Wi-Fi networks and connected the doorbell to each - does it on both. Signal is strong and no other device on my network drops like this. Sometime I connect for live video and I see the speaker and mic soft buttons go white as though it will connect, then nothing. This is a doorbell 3 plus on a 70 down 20 up internet line with solid WiFi reach to the doorbell. Only had it about 6 weeks or so but lots of issues. I recently persuaded my mum to buy one, so she did. I installed it for her last week and she gets the footage unavailable black segments in the timeline too. Video is always there on demand and it seems to not have missed any events yet. Video is often a bit jerky but I think that’s down to poor upload speeds (1mbps up).

I don’t think it’s the app because when I miss notifications and events there is no recording whatsoever. Even my Amazon Echo devices don’t get the event notifications. The doorbell sometimes just seems to no be properly connected even though you go into the app and it shows online.

I work in video security for a manufacturer and none of our cameras are wireless, and for good reason. It’s not always reliable. I don’t know what bitrates the ring 2 megapixel camera is streaming at, but some control over this would be good.

Anyway, I’ll keep an eye here but if these issues continue I may well ask Amazon for a replacement. It’s a lot of money to pay for sometime which works 90-95% of the time. I have missed a few events already, one day it will be something serious.

Yes it’s very frustrating and Ring products are expensive! We all need some help here. I am buying another home several hundred miles away and bought a Ring security system for it. Not sure if I can depend on it. If improvements are not made I may have to return it. Have not installed yet, it’s still in box.

I’m guesing this was never resolved, as I’m having the same issue now 10/2020 on 1 of my 3 cameras.

1 Like

On 2 out of 3 Ring products it is working. My Ring DoorbellII still has the problem. Support was very helpful although it was the normal reboot, hard reboot, reconnect etc. They are sending me a new doorbell. Suggest you contact support.

1 Like

had the same problem with my floodlight security, eventually it just started working properly. When I got close to the camera it would connect and work properly then when I would leave my garage it would stop working, it usually fixes itself but still aggravating regardless

Same issues here. Doorbell pro works with snapshot, one new stickup cam installed a week ago, worked with snapshots for a couple of days then missing snapshot video for the last couple of days. A further stuck up cam (all stick up cams ac powered, not battery) was working with snapshot for months, but today I unplugged power to reroute the cable, and since powered back on will.not record snapshots … same video missing error. This error is the same on the ring app on both Samsung Android phone and Ipad mini. Tried usual reinstalls, reboots with no joy.

Does anyone know if this is error is confirmed or acknowledged by Ring, and is there a fix yet?

Thanks

Tony.

Went thru troubleshooting with support which just repeats everything you tried. Finally sent me a new door bell free of charge past warranty date. Video and audio still lags in all my Ring cameras

I’m now having this same problem (this footage is unavailable) it happens mainly at night in the early hours

I just installed a Ring 3 plus for my parents and I am having this issue…so odd because we never had this issue w/ 2 Ring Pro and 1 Ring Floodlight devices…so weird

1 Like