Floodlights not connecting and no flashing lights

My driveway cam floodlights are not connecting to the Wi-Fi not entering setup mode and light not flashing when I’m holding down the button at the top… its hooked up correct been working all of a sudden it’s not any ideas…

Hey @Blueblood74. Are you seeing any lights on the Floodlight Cam at all? It sounds like there may be a power-related concern here. I’d recommend checking your breaker and wiring to ensure everything looks good on that front. You may also want to consult a licensed electrician when dealing with high-voltage wiring.

If the power and wiring appear to be adequate, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your Floodlight Cam and provide more in-depth troubleshooting. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support says, as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: