Floodlight Motion Sensitivity way too sensitibe picking up small cats

I just bought and installed a new Floodlight Cam for mu Garage/Driveway and even tho I hace turned OFF People Mode, set the Sensitivity to the minimum and reduced the Monitored Zone area, it is still constantly picking up cat movements and going off. These cats are none over 6 pounds. I HAVE to get this corrected please!!

1 Like

@Keithaw1 wrote:

I just bought and installed a new Floodlight Cam for mu Garage/Driveway and even tho I hace turned OFF People Mode, set the Sensitivity to the minimum and reduced the Monitored Zone area, it is still constantly picking up cat movements and going off. These cats are none over 6 pounds. I HAVE to get this corrected please!!

Yep welcome to my world. Spiders, cats, pigeons all set my cameras off

1 Like

I have the same issue… just installed one of the two floodlights I bought and even at the lowest sensitivity it’s triggering on small animals… seems to be the limit is somewhere between a squirrel (not detected) and a Cat (detected). Need more range in the sensitivity slider. Also the “human detection” algorithm appears to be completely nonfunctional… it’ll trigger on anything moving from what I can tell and has no ability to discriminate humans from Cat’s or even Chickens.

The camera is located on the second floor so some distance from the areas it’s viewing.

I also have this problem - camera has just been switched off for 9 months as it’s just tooo sensitive and is banging on & off all night keeping the neighbours kids awake - but i want to get it sorted - or I’m going to have to dump it as useless - any ideas?

I have this issue - I overcome it by turning off notifications for motion - i still record the motion so i can see it - I leave on the motion and alerts for people - this works for me.

1 Like