Floodlight Motion Sense Limited

I have had my Floodlight Camera installed for several months. I have noticed that I have to be very close to the device before it will turn on the light at night. I mean like within 10 feet or less. I have the Motion Zones for Lights Setting set to the Max distance. How far should the light motion sensor be able to sense movement, especially human movement?

The light triggering motion on the Floodlight Cams has a 270 degree field of view, and is intended to detect based on heat sources within range. These are normally very efficient in triggering lights when something is detected. I recommend having all light motion zones on and maximized, as well as ensuring the device is mounted at 9 feet for optimal performance.

If lights are still not triggering as intended, our support team will be happy to assist further as this might require some indepth troubleshooting :slight_smile:

I have exact same problem. My light sensors are set at maximum. This problem started happening couple of days ago. Before that it was working fine. My other floodlight camera is working fine. The floodlight light sensor is not getting triggered until I walk and wave in front of it at about 6 ft. Can anyone suggest what else can I do to troubleshoot?

I called ring support and we discovered that water entered inside PIR sensor. They have sent me a replacement but I have to bear the mounting costs again. I am disappointed that it happened only 8 days after purchase. If this product can’t withstand light rain, then it won’t be any useful at all after warranty runs out as it can’t be replaced free of cost then.