Floodlight camera , lights stopped working

Installed new floodlight camera, everything worked fine. However after 2 hrs, camera still works fine , but lights won’t come on anymore , even when I manually switch on in App. Tried resetting camera (with button), didn’t fix it. Please advise

Hi @Sg783! If the Camera is functioning as intended, this is a great indicator that there is sufficient power to the Cam, in which the lights should certainly work. I recommend testing this at different times, or even checking your Ring app settings for any motion/ light scheduling.

If these lights are still not working as intended, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Thanks. I called support, after some further tests, they are going to send me a replacement unit, as it appears to be some HW issue in device

1 Like

I had a similar issue. One of the lights started to flicker and now no long works. Support said I should have purchased the extended warranty. That was a very disappointing response. $100 at 3 years would cost more than purchasing a new floodlight camera at the list price of $249. I do understand that units like this may malfunction, but not only was the response from Support insensitive, it also made zero economic sense. I’ve been a ring customer for many years. But that was it for me.