Floodlight Cam Pro Wired Nuisance Alarms

I purchased 4 of the above outdoor cameras ($1000) and I’m very disappointed that they don’t function as advertised. I have each cam set up with a programmed motion zone and each cam continues to detect motion way outside the programmed zones. The issue is magnified when it’s a rainy night with cars passing by. I have severely decreased the size of the zones and increased the sensitivity to maximum to try and mitigate the extra alarms to no avail. I have also tried the “Smart Alerts” and the cam ignores all motion, even people. As they operate now I have only a small fraction of the coverage I would prefer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, all the cams say their software is up to date.

I have the same problem with Smart Alerts on my Floodlight Cam Pro. If enabled, it ignores ALL activity. So I have to disable and get all the squirrel and cat actions. It’s an inoperable feature. I contacted Ring tech support; no help other than standard control-alt-delete maneuvers. I have concluded that this must be a Microsoft-type deal: Advertising a feature known to not work yet.

Hi neighbors. The Smart Alerts are optional and are intended to reduce alerts based on the settings you choose. Smart Alerts work great for some neighbors, while other neighbors have found that they prefer not to use this feature. I recommend checking out your Motion Settings in the Ring app to fine tune this feature and other Motion Settings to better tailor them for your needs. Adjusting these through trial and error can really help to optimize detection in your area, as everyone’s home environment is different.

Keep in mind, certain objects such as reflective surfaces might still trigger motion. If the person detection setting is not working as expected for your environment, feel free to try motion without the setting enabled and other settings fine tuned. You can learn more about Smart Alerts in this Help Center article as well. If you continue to run into road blocks with fine tuning the motion settings for your environment and setup, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here for more in-depth assistance.

1 Like

Thanks for your response however it proved to be less than useful.

Smart Alerts is either on or off. In my case, on means it won’t detect anything regardless of how many tweaks are made in Motion Settings. As far as Motion Settings go, I have increased/decreased sensitivity; increased/decreased zone sizes and increased/decreased number of zones to no avail. The cam continues to alarm as long as the “motion” in in the field of view of the camera. The viewed motion is many yards outside the programmed zones. Since I have 4 cams, it’s easy enough to try many different scenarios fairly quickly to see if anything improves performance. So far no go. The advertised features that the unit will only alarm when motion is detected within the programmed zone is inaccurate and/or misleading.

From the number of complaints about Ring’s support team on the Ring Community forum I really don’t have a warm and fuzzy feeling about workable solutions.