Floodlight Cam Lights no longer Motion Activated

My Ring Floodlight cam no longer turns on the lights when motion is detected. I checked the settings in the app and everything still seems normal but whenever I am in front of my camera, the lights no longer come on automatically. I figured maybe the bulbs were bad, but I am still able to turn them on manually. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Hi there, @calvs88! Great call on checking the setting in the Ring app. As long as motion detection and turn lights on with motion are enabled, this should be working as intended. Depending on timing and other settings, I recommend also checking any scheduling settings you might have enabled for the Floodlight Camera. Otherwise, the best next step will be to power cycle the Camera by switching power off for a few moments, then back on. With the Ring app manual light toggles working as intended, these lights should trigger as expected with motion. If the power cycle did not resolve this concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you! The power cycle seems to have fixed it

1 Like